STEF has been established in Portugal since 1995, serving our clients in the food industry, retailers and foodservice players with the highest assurance of quality and food safety for their products.
- 1995The creation of SDF Portugal marks the beginning of our history in Portugal.
- 2001We inaugurated our Porto platform in 2001 and continued to grow.
- 2007We obtained our HACCP certification in transport and logistics in 2007.
- 2009We started several export lines in 2009 to bring Portuguese products to Central Europe.
- 2012We adopted a single brand in all countries in 2012: STEF. Also this year we obtained the BRC Storage and Distribution certification, incorporated GPT and became a reference operator of foodservice in Portugal.
- 2015We celebrated the 20th anniversary of STEF in Portugal in 2015.
We continued to develop our device with new platforms in:
- Castelo Branco
- Vila Real
- 2018We expanded the frozen capacity of our Lisbon and Porto platforms in 2018 and opened a new platform in Algarve.
- 2020In 2020, on the occasion of its centenary, STEF celebrated 100 years of travelling to the heart of flavours.
- 2021In 2021, we inaugurated a new Platform in the Lisbon area, in Alenquer, dedicated to transport activity
- 2022In 2022, we expanded the dry goods storage area in Lisbon with LogPlace
- 2023In 2023, we started operations on a new platform in the north (Ribeirão)